Monday, January 16, 2017

Freeway Stop

 You know those new cars that can sense danger and will stop for you without you reacting?  Well, boys and girls, there was a time when cars didn't do that.  You had to react on your own to avoid hitting someone. 
 One Saturday in Ft. Worth, I was driving down the I-35W freeway toward downtown.  Along with me were a hundred of my closest friends in their cars.  3 lanes of traffic all speeding in one direction.  Two cars ahead of me, a situation developed.  I was in the far left lane.  A guy in the middle lane decided to move into my lane without looking.  He clipped the front bumper of the car in my lane.  They both jammed on their brakes.  Instead of a massive pile-up, everyone behind them jammed on their brakes in unison.  We all came to a screeching halt, and no one hit anyone else.  It was truly amazing.  I looked over at the guy in his car next to mine, and he had his mouth open and his eyes bulging out of his head.  My heart was pumping out of my chest.  We smiled at one another and breathed a sigh of relief.  The two cars in that were in the accident moved to the middle median and out of the way of the rest of us.  Gingerly, we all began to roll forward again toward our destinations.  I got off of the highway into downtown and thanked God that I was still alive.  I am sure many others did too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment