Monday, February 13, 2023

Blinds

  In June of 1994, I moved to Ravenwood Apartments in Forest Acres.  My parents had moved to Laurens, SC and were in a nursing home.  I had closed up their house, and we put it up for sale.  I got a two-bedroom apartment that was upstairs on the second floor.  I needed two bedrooms, because of all of my records and videotapes.  So, one bedroom was for sleeping in, and the other was for storage.  

 My sleeping bedroom overlooked the sidewalk below.  When I got home from work, I would sit in my recliner and watch the news and then head into my bedroom to put on my pajamas.  Most of the time, that would be around 8pm every night.  I was a creature of habit.  During the transformation, I would hear laughter outside, but I didn't think anything of it.  After all, there were a lot of children living in that complex, and they often played outside after dark.  

 There was a girl who lived there and worked at Rich's.  One day, she came up to me and informed me that one could see through my closed blinds and see me naked in my apartment.  I didn't know that one could see inside if the blinds were closed but pointing up.  The laughter outside came from the kids watching me change clothes.  After that realization, I joked with the girl that the show started at 8.  She informed me that if I closed the blinds pointing down, that the kids couldn't see me naked.  I started doing that, and I guess they went away.  I had been offered a nude scene in the movie "Chattahoochee" back in 1988, but I turned it down due to folks at work snickering.  I was even offered $1000 to do it.  I did have some scruples.  As it turned out, that scene was cut from the movie anyway but who knew?  I wasn't going to give a show to others for free, though.

 I had exposed myself before to groups, but that was in the Theatre changing costumes.  One doesn't think about others doing that, when one has to change costumes in a hurry.  Change you costume and off you go.  I also streaked once in college, but it was a very short run between two buildings.  I don't think anyone saw me.  But, the saving grace with the show at 8pm was that there were no cellphones back then, and I wouldn't have gotten on the internet.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment