Monday, June 13, 2022

Frampton

  I always liked Peter Frampton, ever since his album "Frampton Comes Alive" came out in the late 70's.  We sold that album at Sanger-Harris in Ft. Worth, where I worked.  Mostly to teenage girls.  We couldn't keep it in the store.  

 When I saw he was coming to Columbia in 2018 with Steve Miller, I just HAD to go.  I know this might anger some, but I really didn't care about Steve Miller.  I like some of his songs.  In fact, I used to sing them in the car a lot.  But, I was going to see Peter Frampton.

 It was a rather warm day.  I was walking from the library over to the arena, when I started to feel I was getting overheated.  As you know, that is a problem with me.  I stopped in Panera on Gervais St. to get cool.  I wasn't going to buy anything, so I went into their restroom.  After putting a little water on my face, I headed on down the sidewalk to the arena.

 The venue was almost filled.  Peter was the opening act.  He was great.  I sang along with him on most of the songs.  My seat was right behind the soundboard.  I like sitting there, because I get the full effect.  It is better than the floor, where everybody stands up during the show.  It is also better than a seat I had to see Paul McCartney which was at the side of the stage.  

 After he finished his set, I looked at my watch and thought I needed to catch the last bus back home.  I left before Steve Miller came onstage.  I found out later that Frampton jammed with Miller during his set.  Oh well.  I got back home with a wonderful feeling.  Peter Frampton is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment