Monday, September 3, 2018

Legs

 The store came up with an idea to have a Sexy Legs contest.  They asked several men around the store to participate.  I agreed just as a joke.  We went to the Belk Advertising Department and were asked to take off our pants (of course in a private room).  We then put on a white bathrobe to take the picture.  One leg was exposed, and a Polaroid photo was taken.  They only showed the leg, not any other part of the body.  That way, the voters would only see the legs and not vote for the person.
 The pictures were put up in the break room with a jar in front of each pictures.  The idea was to have the other employees to vote for the sexiest legs by putting money into the jars.  A penny counted as one vote.  If they put in a dollar, that counted as 100 votes.  The only people who knew whose legs were whose were two people in the Advertising Dept. and the "models".
 My co-workers just knew that I was in one of those pictures, although I would neither confirm nor deny one was me.  Then, they wanted to see my legs, but I refused.  They felt that was a confirmation.  Of course it was.  Then, they tried to figure out based on the age or color of the legs.  I never said which one was mine, but they figured it out.  I got the most votes.
 The money was given to charity.  It was the first time I had ever won anything based on my looks (or my sexy legs).  The only beauty pageant I ever entered.  My legs have gotten less sexy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment