Monday, June 17, 2024

Bootsy

  The Richland County Library invited people to come to an event one night in 2017 to see and hear Bootsy Collins.  For those of you who do not know of him, he is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Parliament-Funkadelic.  He plays bass guitar and has been rated #4 on Rolling Stone's top 50 greatest bassists of all time.  He has played backup to James Brown, Keith Richards and others. He had come to the library to promote a new release.

 The majority of the night, he spoke about his career and answered questions.  He did sing one song.  After the show was over, he was in the lobby to sign autographs.  I had brought an album on his that was given to me many years earlier by a co-worker.  While we were standing in line to meet him, a man from the library came around and told us that he would only sign copies of his new album and nothing else.  I was bummed.  I wasn't going to pay $30 for his new album, so I decided to leave.  I ran into a friend later who was there that night, and she told me that Bootsy signed everything and even took pictures with the fans.  So, that guy was wrong.  I trusted him to be telling us the truth.  I have trust issues, not just because of him, but also from my life's history of people telling me things, and then I find out they were lying.  Another example.  Bootsy Collins was cool, though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment