Monday, February 5, 2024

Gregory

  I had heard that James Gregory was the funniest man in America.  I have always loved comedians.  They are a special breed of people.  Anybody can get up and sing, but it takes a special person to make someone laugh.  And here is a tip to those people who think they can make someone laugh:  most people laugh at a joke within four seconds.  It takes the brain less than four seconds to tell the mouth to laugh at a joke.  If the brain doesn't think the joke is funny, then it won't communicate that to the mouth.  If no one laughs after four seconds, then the comedian needs to just move on.  That is a secret of the Theatre.  You are welcome.

 I had bought a couple of cassettes by James Gregory and played them in my car.  They were hilarious.  Country humor at its best with apologies to Jerry Clower.  There were times where I would have to pull off of the side of the road, because I was laughing so hard.  When I saw that he was coming to the Township Auditorium in Columbia, I just had to go.  He was very funny.  I can't honestly say that he was the funniest man in America, but my sides were hurting from laughing.  Check him out on YouTube.  Lawn Mower repair and Tax Service all in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment