Monday, April 18, 2022

Apples

  One of our Senior church trips was to Justus Farms outside of Hendersonville, NC in the mountains.  I went twice with them, but I didn't go a third time because of a conflict.  Justus is an apple farm, although they have other things too.

 When we got there, they told us that we could pick our own apples off of the trees or come inside to their barn/store and buy them already picked.  The latter seemed more in line with smartness.  Back when I was little, my parents loved to go to mountain stores and pickup Apple Butter and Cider.  That was one of those things that I inherited.  Justus had a great variety of things to buy that were made on their farm.  

 They also had trails on the farm that one could walk.  One trail was to a pond with ducks.  I love nature.  I had a nice chat with the ducks and took pictures of them and the mountains.  I have often said that I would like to retire to the mountains, if I won the lottery.  Maybe one day.  

 I hiked back to the store and bought my stuff.  Before leaving the first trip up there, I felt I needed to use the restroom.  They had porta johns.  It was rather confusing on how to use them, as they were made for #1 & #2 separately.  They then had a place to wash your hands.  That was confusing, too.  Those things need to come with directions.  My second trip there I was hip to how things worked.  I explained to first-timers how to use both things.  People thought I was so smart.  Practice makes perfect.

 On our first trip back, we stopped at Jack in the Box for lunch.  I had not eaten at one of those since I was in Fort Worth.  It was right next to the seminary, and I ate there often.  This new one was quite different than those in Texas, but the food was just as good.  Before our second trip back, we ate before we left.  My half-gallon of apple juice broke open and spilled out inside our bus.  My backpack was ruined, as was someone's purse sitting in front of me.  Apple juice gets sticky, in case you didn't know that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment