Monday, February 28, 2022

Colors

  The Comet buses got a color scheme that was meant to catch the eye of those waiting for a ride.  They had hired a graphic artist to come up with an idea.  It was multi-colored triangles in pastel colors.  I made the comment at the time that this would give me acid flashbacks.  Just for the record, I did do LSD once or twice in college.  I had flashbacks off and on for several years after.  It would be every month; then every six months; then every nine months. I would always have them at home, so I was never driving.    Thankfully, I haven't had one in about ten years, so I hope I have grown out of them.  

 Anyway, we signed off on the color scheme.  They incorporated it on the buses and stops.  Anybody who was looking for a bus stop could easily see it.  (Wow man!  Colors!) That was what a flashback was like.  So, the Comet wanted to do a video for Richland County on the Comet and its service.  It wasn't really a commercial, but it was a public service announcement (PSA) that would play on the county's Spectrum channel.  They asked me if I wanted to participate, and I said yes.

 We filmed my part in the back of the Comet's headquarters near the bus parking lot.  I was asked questions off camera about the bus service and the new colors.  We had to do several takes because of traffic noise and things that I wanted to say.  One question that they asked was how I liked the new colors?  I said that it makes the bus easier to see, and then I get excited when I see the bus coming.  My line was:  "Oh, wow!  Here comes the bus!"  It was stupid, but I got the point across.

 They ran the PSA on cable for about a year.  I guess it is still out there somewhere.  Wow man!  Colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment