Friday, August 14, 2020

Joe Biden

  I was down at the State House in Columbia one day in 2008 to see Senator Joe Biden speak.  He was running for President and holding a press conference.  He made mention in his remarks that he had begun his political journey in 1972 and worked on McGovern's campaign for President.  After the press conference was over, I went up to the front and wanted to meet him.  We shook hands, and then I told him that we have something in common.  (Whenever I meet someone famous, I lead with that line so they will listen.)

 I told him that I started my political campaign work with McGovern for President in 1972.  He looked at me and with a wry smile said, "That was the loneliest time".  We had a good laugh over that, and I agreed with him that it was.  For those of you who don't know, McGovern lost to Nixon in a landslide.  

 Little did I know that Joe Biden would be the Vice President of the United States four years later and running for President in 2020.  And, for those of you who don't know, I am a political junkie.  I love politics.  I vote for the man, not the party.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment