Thursday, December 5, 2019

Scream

 I was in Atlanta one Saturday around 1996 to go record shopping.  I would usually do this a few times a year, because one of my joys was to find that special album.  And, one of my favorite stores to go to was a store at Lenox Mall.  They had almost everything one could want.
 On that particular Saturday, I went into the store and found some filming going on at the back of the store.  A film crew was in there shooting a scene for a movie.  I asked the store manager what was going on and should I leave?  He said the store was open for customers, but I needed to be quiet looking through the stacks of wax.  The director had asked the manager to unplug his phone while they were shooting, but the manager refused because the business was open.  So, they tried to shoot the scene.
 Every time the phone would ring, the director had to yell "Cut".  This went on for some time.  Someone from the crew asked me if I wanted to be in their picture, because they were going to pan the camera around the store.  I said okay, but I wouldn't be paid for my "appearance".  So, I stood there looking through the same records each time, because it had to look the same each time.  I spent much longer in that store than I had intended to do, but I thought another appearance on film would be cool.
 They finally got the scene done.  The director and cast left.  I asked one of the crew what this movie was, and he just said "Scream".  It was directed by Wes Craven.  I don't know what cast was there.  I sort of forgot about it until recently, when I saw the movie and sequels were on TV.  I never saw them in the theater, so I have been watching them.  I think my scene was cut out of the film, but I have one more of the three to watch.  Screaming silently.

No comments:

Post a Comment