Saturday, May 11, 2019

Slim Fast

 A friend of mine at work had a husband who was dying.  When he passed on, she gave me a case of Ensure that the hospital had given him, which he never used.  I had not had any Ensure before, but I started in on the case drinking one just before bed.  I started feeling better.  After all, I was the king of junk food and fast food.  Neither of which was very nutritious, so the Ensure helped with counterbalancing my choices in food.
 So to this day, I drink an Ensure or an equivalent product before bedtime.  I let the vitamins and minerals swim around my body, while I sleep.  I drank Boost for a while, but I found it hard to get into the drink because of that foil at the top.  The downside to doing this is the cost.  Ensure generally costs around $8 for a six-pack.  The generic form is usually $2 cheaper.
 I was talking one day to a friend at work about Ensure, and he told me that he did the same thing, except he used Slim Fast.  He said it had all of the vitamins and minerals as Ensure, but it was cheaper.  So, I went into Food Lion one night after I got off work and bought a case of Slim Fast.  As I took it up to the register to pay, the cashier looked at me and then at the Slim Fast.  Again, she looked at me and then at the Slim Fast.  I realized she was wondering why a thin person was buying Slim Fast, so in a straight face I told her, "This stuff really works!".  I paid for it and started out the door.  I turned around to see the cashier pointing at me and talking to her fellow employees.  They had their mouths open.
 Maybe I encouraged some of them to try Slim Fast.  I would like to think so, because some of them needed to.  At least, I would like to think that the cashier has told that story to her friends and relatives for the last 20 years.  I took it home, but I really didn't care for the taste, so I went back to Ensure.

No comments:

Post a Comment