Monday, May 27, 2024

Koger

  The Koger Center in Columbia mostly hosts music and theatre performances.  It opened in 1988, so it was fairly new for a 1990 show with Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca.  I had to go see these two comedy legends.  

 On the flight back from Barcelona to New York in 1973, the movie in our cabin was "Ten from Your Show of Shows".  It was a compilation of scenes from the classic TV show of the 1950's starring those two actors.  At the time, I was not familiar with that TV show, but I was laughing out loud in the plane.  I needed a good laugh or two on the plane, because my personal life had fallen apart from news from a friend that she was marrying someone else.  Sid Caesar went on to be in a lot of movies including a favorite:  "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World".  Imogene Coca also did a lot of movies including playing Aunt Edna in "National Lampoon's Vacation".  

 I called another friend of mine to see if she wanted to go to the show with me.  She said no.  That was the impetus for the song "She Said No" that I wrote for The Cobbwebs.  So, I went alone.  The show was hilarious.  Debbie should have gone with me.  Even though I was 15 years older than her, it was her loss.  Oh well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment